If you have any questions regarding the Slice Shades promotion please email us at
or call 0344 561 8813 with your query. Lines are open 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday [except bank holidays]. Calls are charged at your local rate.
Q1: What are Slice Shades?
Our Slice Shades have been designed based on the awesome shades seen on one of our crew from our new TV advert. Perfect for pizza fanatics who want to show their passion through their eyewear. The Slice Shades are CE certified, and come with UV 400 protection. Please note they are unsuitable for children under 3 years due to small parts.
Q2: How do I enter?
To be in with the chance of winning a pair of Chicago Town Slice Shades, follow these simple steps:
a. Purchase a promotional ‘Slice Shades’ pack of Chicago Town pizza, retain the till receipt (as it may be required) and locate the Unique Reference Number [URN] on the inside of the pack (the number is printed in pink and you may need to fully open the pack in order to view it)
b. Visit www.winsliceshades.com and enter your code to see if you are a winner.
c. Winners will be notified immediately online and will be prompted to complete their details to receive their prize.
d. Please note, we reserve the right to further verify the win, and we require all details to be submitted in order to fulfill the win.
Q3: What are Winning Moments?
The Winning Moments are predetermined and computer generated time-slots within which the first person to enter a valid URN in this time frame will be deemed a winner [subject to verification].
Q4: What is the Late Draw?
Any entries received after the main ‘Winning Moments’ promotion, that end 4th December 2016 at 9pm, will be entered into a Late Draw for a chance to win one of 50 bumper prizes which consists of 2 x Slice Shades, 1 x T-Shirt, 1 x Bag, and 1 x CT Cap.
Entries for the Late Draw close on 31st January 2017 at 9pm.
Q5: Do I need the Internet to enter?
Yes. You can only enter by visiting www.winsliceshades.com
Q6: How do I know if I have won?
Once you have entered your URN online, you will be notified immediately online if you are a winner. Winners will then be required to enter their full details in order to claim their pair of Slice Shades. Please note, all ‘wins’ are subject to a verification process.
Q7. Will I be able to view the site on my mobile?
Yes, the website is fully optimised for mobile and tablet devices.
Q8: Which pizzas are featured in the promotion?
The promotion is running on the following Special Edition packs - The Deep Dish Four Cheese 310g, The Deep Dish Pepperoni 320g, The Deep Dish Mega Meaty 320g, The Deep Dish Ham & Pineapple 330g, The Deep Dish Chicken Club 320g, The Deep Dish Pulled Pork 310g, The Deep Dish Meatball 320g, The Takeaway Four Cheese Classic Crust 340g, The Takeaway Chicken & Bacon Classic Crust 495g, The Takeaway American Hot Classic Crust 520g, The Takeaway Four Cheese Stuffed Crust 480g and 630g, The Takeaway Pepperoni Stuffed Crust 490g and 645g, The Takeaway Pepperoni Classic Crust 335g, and The Takeaway Pulled Beef Brisket Stuffed Crust 640g.
Promotional packs are subject to availability in store.
Q9: How long will the Slice Shades promotion run for?
The promotion begins at 9am on 10th October 2016, running until 9pm 4th December 2016. The Winning Moments occur between the hours of 9am and 9pm daily.
Any entries entered between 9pm, 4th December 2016 and 9pm 31st January 2017 will be entered into the Late Draw.
Q10: How many Slice Shades are up for grabs?
There are 18,144 Slice Shades to be won across the promotion.
Q11: I have bought more than one ‘Slice Shades’ promotional pack of Chicago Town pizza, can I enter more than once?
Each Unique Reference Number can only be used once, so if you have purchased multiple promotional packs then you can enter multiple times. Each household is limited to a maximum of 6 wins throughout the promotion.
Q12: I entered the promotion and received a ‘WIN’ notification but I’m now being told I have won too many times?
As per the Terms and Conditions of the promotion, each household can win a maximum of 6 times. Due to the entry process we are not always able to identify whether a person has won 6 Slice Shades before until we carry out the verification process on all winners.
Q13: If I win, how will I receive my Chicago Town Slice Shades?
We aim to ensure that your Slice Shades reach you within 45 days of winning. Winners from the UK, IoM, and CI will receive their Slice Shades by Royal Mail 2nd Class delivery. For winners from ROI, your Slice Shades will be sent via 1st Class Air.
Q14: Where do I find my Unique Reference Number?
Your Unique Reference Number can be found printed on the inside of your promotional Slice Shades pack of Chicago Town pizza. It will be an 8-digit alphanumeric code (the number is printed in pink and you may need to fully open the pack in order to view it). This code is unique.
Q15: My Unique Reference Number isn’t being accepted?
Please double-check that the Unique Reference Number you are entering is correct. Please also ensure that this is the first time you have used your Unique Reference Number, as they are single use only.
Also note, they are only made up from the following letters and numbers, so please double-check that you are only entering valid characters:
If you are still having problems, please get in touch with us on 0344 561 8813*, or alternatively please email at email@example.com and quote your Unique Reference Number. Don’t forget to keep your promotional packaging handy until we respond, as we may request to see the box.
*Phone number available Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm UK time [except bank holidays] and charged at your local rate.
Q16: Who can enter the promotion?
The promotion is open to United Kingdom, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over. Offer is not open to employees and their families of Dr. Oetker, its agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
Entrants from Northern Ireland may apply via a No Purchase Necessary route.
Q17: I am in Northern Ireland, how do I enter via the No Purchase Necessary route?
Please write to the following address with your full name, address, and email address in order to receive a Unique Reference Number to enter: “Chicago Town Slice Shades Promotion”, Selby Marketing Services, Ormonde Street, Ashton Under Lyne, Lancashire, OL6 8JQ.
This is only available for entrants from Northern Ireland.
Q18: Do I need to keep my till receipt and packaging?
Please retain your original receipt and your promotional Chicago Town packaging, as it may be required to verify winners.
Q19: Where can I find the promotional Terms & Conditions?
Please view our
Terms & Conditions.
Q20. Will my personal information be safely kept only with Dr. Oetker?
If you have not ticked the opt-in box for Third Party correspondence at the point of entry, then we will not pass on your information to third parties and we will not send you any unwanted correspondence. For more information about how we store and use your data, please view our
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Participant instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
PROMOTER: Dr. Oetker UK Ltd., Thorpe Park, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS15 8GB.
- 1. Open to United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over. Offer is not open to employees of Dr. Oetker and their immediate families, its agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- 2. Internet access required to enter.
- 3. The Chicago Town ‘Win Slice Shades’ promotion is limited to 6 wins per household. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified at the Promoter’s discretion. No bulk or third party entries will be accepted.
- 4. The Slice Shades are not suitable for children under 3 years of age due to small parts.
- 5. All imagery showing the Slice Shades on the website, packaging and promotional material are an indicative representation only.
- 6. In the case of the Republic of Ireland: Promotion carried out under licence issued by the by Naas District Court. The licence holder is the Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation, Johnstown, Naas, Co Kildare. The object of the promotion is to bring early intervention home respite care to severely developmentally delayed children throughout the Republic of Ireland.
- 7. The Chicago Town ‘Win Slice Shades’ promotion opens 10th October 2016. Winning moments close at 9pm on 4th December 2016. Late draw closes 31st January 2017.
- 8. Winning moments run from 9am to 9pm during the Promotional Period. These are pre-determined, computer generated time-slots in which the first person to enter their URN and details within a specific time slot will be a winner.
- 9. How to enter:
a. Purchase a promotional pack of Chicago Town The Takeaway or The Deep Dish pizza and visit www.winsliceshades.com
b. Enter your Unique Reference Number [found inside promotional packs] between the hours of 9am and 9pm to see if it is a Winning Moment. There is no restriction as to when you enter over the course of the promotional period, but each Unique Reference Number is only valid once.
c. Winners will be notified instantly online, and will be asked to enter their name, address and email, which will be used to validate the win. We cannot validate nor fulfil your prize if you do not complete these details in full. [Please ensure you retain packaging and receipt from your purchase]. A confirmation email will be sent out to all valid winners, please check your junk email folder.
d. The Promoter is not responsible for any spam filters present on the entrants device which may hinder or prevent the entry process.
e. No purchase necessary route available for Northern Ireland consumers – please write to the following address with your full name, address, and email address in order to receive a Unique Reference Number to enter: “Chicago Town Slice Shades Promotion”, Selby Marketing Services, Ormonde Street, Ashton Under Lyne, Lancashire, OL6 8JQ.
- 10. Prizes:
a. The prize pool consists of 18,144 Chicago Town Slice Shades.
b. Each winner will receive 1 x pair of Chicago Town Slice Shades.
c. The Slice Shades are not suitable for children under the age of 3 years due to small parts.
d. All Slice Shades meet the essential requirements of the applicable CE marking directives and the lenses are UV400.
- 11. Winning moments:
a. The winning moments are predetermined and computer generated time-slots within which the first person to enter a valid URN in this time frame will be deemed a winner [subject to verification].
b. Winning moments run from 9am – 9pm daily.
c. Winners will be notified instantly online, subject to a verification process and the completion of full details by the entrant.
d. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure they have entered all their information correctly during the entry process. The Promoter is not responsible for the entrant inputting incorrect details and the prize being sent to the incorrect address / person.
e. Only 6 wins per household will be allowed during the course of the promotion.
f. Entries received after 9pm on 4th December 2016 will be entered into the Late Draw.
- 12. Final Draw:
a. Valid entries received after the main winning moments promotion ends [9pm on 4th December 2016] will be placed into a Final Draw.
b. The Final Draw will close on 31st January 2017 at 9pm. Winners will be notified by 10th February 2017.
c. The Final Draw prize pool consists of 50 x prize packages, with each prize package consisting of 2 x Slice Shades, 1 x T-Shirt, 1 x Bag, and 1 x CT Cap.
- 13. Please retain packaging and receipt (for all entries) for inspection if required. We reserve the right to ask for these to validate a win.
- 14. Prizes will be delivered within 45 days of win confirmation.
- 15. Prizes have no cash alternative in whole or in part to the stated prizes and, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the prizes will only be awarded directly to the winners.
- 16. Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party (other than to service this promotion) without the individual’s prior consent.
- 17. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation this clause.
- 18. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- 19. At the end of the promotion [this being defined as 9pm inclusive, 31st January 2017] a list of winner’s full names and counties can be obtained by sending a stamped-addressed envelope to: Slice Shades Promotion, 45 Frederick Street, Birmingham, B1 3HN.
- 20. To the fullest extent permitted by law and excluding death or permanent injury caused as a result of the Promoter’s negligence, the Promoter accepts no liability for loss or injury as a result of the promotion or receipt or misuse of any prize.
- 21. The winner agrees to participate in related publicity with no further recompense.
- 22. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to the promotional website. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of the promotional website. No responsibility will be accepted for any difficulties in entering/claiming or any entries/claims delayed, corrupted or lost.
- 23. These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts. The legality of this promotion will be governed by UK law as far as the UK element of the promotion is concerned and by Irish law as far as the Irish element is concerned. However, any dispute concerning the interpretation and application of the rules will be settled by English law and in respect thereof the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.